FORT MONTAGU

ABOUT

Fort Montagu is located on the seaside, just off East Bay street, about a mile or so east of the city centre.

Fort Montagu sits on the site of an earlier structure dating to c.1725 -1728. The present fort was built between 1741-1742 by Engineer Peter Henry Bruce during the governorship of John Tinker (1735-1758). It was built of locally cut limestone and named after the Duke of Montagu.

Originally, the fort contained a rain water cistern, barracks for officer and soldiers, a guardroom and powder magazine.

For more information call 326-2566 or email info@ammc-bahamas.com

PHOTO GALLERY

october, 2017

04oct11:30 am12:00 pmLiving History & Cannon FiringClick for more details

06oct11:30 am12:00 pmLiving History & Cannon FiringClick for more details

11oct11:30 am12:00 pmLiving History & Cannon FiringClick for more details

13oct11:30 am12:00 pmLiving History & Cannon FiringClick for more details

18oct11:30 am12:00 pmLiving History & Cannon FiringClick for more details

20oct11:30 am12:00 pmLiving History & Cannon FiringClick for more details

25oct11:30 am12:00 pmLiving History & Cannon FiringClick for more details

27oct11:30 am12:00 pmLiving History & Cannon FiringClick for more details

NEWS
CURRENT PROJECT

X