BATTERIES



WINTON’S BATTERY

Built by Lord Dunmore, the remains of Winton’s Battery is approximately 10 miles to the east of Nassau near the present day Winton residential subdivision. In 1949 the Development Board cleared the area around the Battery and made it accessible to visitors.

POTTER’S CAY BATTERY

Potter’s Cay Battery stands on a mount at Potter’s Cay and was built in 1780s during the governorship of Lord Dunmore. It was also a part of the restoration efforts of 1949. In 1990, archaeological excavations were conducted at the Battery.

For more information email info@ammc-bahamas.com

PHOTO GALLERY

october, 2017

04oct11:30 am12:00 pmLiving History & Cannon FiringClick for more details

06oct11:30 am12:00 pmLiving History & Cannon FiringClick for more details

11oct11:30 am12:00 pmLiving History & Cannon FiringClick for more details

13oct11:30 am12:00 pmLiving History & Cannon FiringClick for more details

18oct11:30 am12:00 pmLiving History & Cannon FiringClick for more details

20oct11:30 am12:00 pmLiving History & Cannon FiringClick for more details

25oct11:30 am12:00 pmLiving History & Cannon FiringClick for more details

27oct11:30 am12:00 pmLiving History & Cannon FiringClick for more details

NEWS
CURRENT PROJECT

X